With physical exercise increases cerebral blood flow and improves oxygenation, so it improves cognitive activity and delays possible deterioration associated with age. It has psychological benefits of physical exercise.
Most people join the gym or start doing some exercise to improve their physical appearance. But … what if we told you that physical exercise is also good for your mind?
Today we will discover some of the psychological benefits that physical exercises bring you.
Physical exercise is healthy for your mind
Yes, even if you do not believe it, you can have some benefits such as:
- Improve Your Memory.
- Free yourself from anxiety
- Favor better learning.
However, there are many more benefits unknown, or not so much, that physical exercise can provide.
Today we will address only 7 of these benefits, although we know that many more can be added.
Would you add any? If so, share with us which one or which would deserve to expand this list.
The psychological benefits of physical exercise
When we perform physical exercise we release endorphins, which allow us to feel euphoric and full of happiness. This is why physical exercise is highly recommended for those who suffer from depression.
- Likewise, if you have problems with stress or anxiety, exercise can help you release the tension that exhausts both your body and your mind.
- In this way, you can relax, sleep better and be much more productive in your daily life.
Exercising will allow you to see yourself better and eat much healthier. This will be an injection of self-esteem that will make you value much more.
- If you have problems accepting yourself, exercise! It will help you to look better and feel better.
- In addition, this will make your project the best version of yourself to others.
It is one of the best benefits of physical exercise.
Having a better perception of yourself, feeling happy and at ease, as well as helping you to value yourself, will help your social relationships improve.
- As you will have greater self-confidence this will make you reach others in a deeper and easier way.
In addition, you will encourage yourself to participate in guided activities, group sports or engage in conversation with an unknown person just because you feel good and sociable.
This will make you feel very good and very positive.
4. Prevents cognitive deterioration
If you are concerned about degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, you should know that physical exercise can help you prevent them.
- That’s why, between the ages of 25 to 45, you should take advantage of practicing regularly. In the future, you will appreciate it.
5. Help control addictions
If you have any addiction to any drugs, alcohol, tobacco or other, you should know that physical exercise can help you control them and, in some cases, you will even eliminate them completely.
How do you do this?
- The addiction has a lot to do with the hormone of dopamine, a hormone that is also released when we exercise.
- That is why it is tremendously effective in the case of controlling addiction.
Exercise increases the production of hippocampal cells that are responsible for memory and learning.
- Thanks to this, your memory improves allowing you to learn or remember things in a much more effective way.
- The sedentary life is nothing positive for your memory.
7. You will be much more productive
We may believe that physical exercise can make us much more tired and that, as a consequence, we perform worse in our work or in the activities that we have to perform.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
- Exercising will allow you to have much more energy because, even if you do not believe it, it will allow you to stay active throughout the day.
- In this way, you will avoid the moments of a slump and lack of attention at work.
Do you lead a sedentary life? Do you exercise regularly? These are just some of the benefits that physical exercise can provide.
If you feel bad, if you are not productive, think about whether exercising can improve all this. Sometimes, something as simple as moving can be the solution to many of our problems. It is another psychological benefits of physical exercise.