When summer arrives and temperatures begin to rise, there is nothing more refreshing and rewarding than taking an ice lolly. Children and adults enjoy this delicious ice cream and, if the right ingredients are used, the most nutritious. Gone are the typical ice lollipops of orange or lemon flavor, because today there are very rich and varied recipes that make this simple snack become an appetizing and fresh summer snack. We share some tips on how to make ice pops.
If you have children at home or guests that you want to surprise with rich creations, in a COMO we propose a perfect step by step for you to learn how to make ice popsicles. You will be surprised what you can do with the simplest ingredients!
How to make ice pops
As we have said, there are many possibilities when making ice popsicles with different and surprising flavors. However, to create ice popsicles, basic guidelines must be followed. To learn how to make ice lollies step by step, it is important to collect the necessary basic ingredients, as well as the utensils required for the desired result:
Mold to make pallets or ice buckets (if possible, get a silicone one, as it will allow you to unmold the pallets more easily).
- A small saucepan.
- A blender or juicer (if you want your pallets to contain natural juice).
- Jugs, bowls or other containers to preserve the liquids or creams that you will use in your recipe.
Below, we present the 3 base recipes that will teach you how to make ice pops step by step. Once you learn to master this simple technique, you will only need to add or vary the ingredients you want to surprise your guests.
To make this basic homemade ice cream recipe, you just have to make a couple of basic ingredients and follow the step by step that we indicate below.
- Water and sugar (two tablespoons of sugar for each glass of water).
- Fruit juice to choose (a glass of juice or a glass and a half for each glass of water).
Recipe step by step
- Prepare the syrup with water and sugar dissolved in water over medium-low heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and store the mixture in a container of liquids. If you don’t know how to carry out this step, we recommend that you take a look at this other article on How to make syrup. Too easy!
- Blend or squeeze the fruit you want to add.
- Mix the syrup you have prepared with the fruit juice.
- Pour the resulting mixture into the silicone pallet molds. If you do not have specific molds, you can use ice cubes and create some very tasty and original mini ice cream snacks.
- Leave the result in the freezer until the liquid freezes and the paddles are hard ( minimum 3 hours ).
- To make milk-based artisan ice cream recipes, get the ingredients that we propose below:
- Sugar or sweeteners of natural origin (agave syrup, stevia, honey …)
- Milk of animal or vegetable origin.
- Flavors or extracts: vanilla, mint, almond, hazelnut, etc.
- Cocoa powder (optional).
- Pieces of solid ingredients: fresh or candied fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, cereals, etc.
Recipe step by step
- Dissolves the sweetener in the chosen milk. If the texture of the sweetener is very solid or hard, it is recommended to boil over low heat to milk, add the sweetener and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the flavor or extract you prefer for the creation of your ice cream popsicles.
- Add the cocoa powder (it is recommended to have it previously dissolved with hot milk).
- Add other ingredients to taste (nuts, chocolate chips, fresh or candied fruit chips, etc.)
- Pour the resulting mixture into ice cream popsicle molds or, as we have already said, into ice cube containers.
- Leave in the freezer until they are hard (a minimum of 3 hours or overnight) and they will be ready to enjoy other basic recipes for homemade popsicle ice cream
Other basic recipes for homemade popsicle ice cream
Homemade ice cream recipe with ready-made drinks
To make homemade ice cream recipes based on ready-made beverages or soft drinks, you will only need your favorite soda or drink (coke, lemonade, horchata, etc.) The step by step to follow is the easiest because you only have to:
- Choose the type of drink you want and pour it into the mold for pallets.
- Put the mold in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Ready!
For the last basic recipe that we propose, you will only have to get your yogurt or your favorite ice cream, as well as some pieces of ingredients to your liking that can fit well with the main flavor selected (nuts, cereals, fruit, etc.). Then, follow these steps:
- Choose your favorite ice cream or yogurt
- Mix them with the help of a spoon or spatula with your favorite ingredients (futa, cereals, etc.). In case you have selected a type of ice cream, leave it at room temperature until it acquires a malleable consistency so you can mix it with the other ingredients.
- Pour the result into pallet molds.
- Insert the mold in the freezer and wait a minimum of 3 hours.
We recommend that once your delicious palettes are ready to be consumed, deposit the mold in a bowl with a little warm water for 5 or 6 seconds. This procedure will help you to unmold your pallets easily without breaking.
How to make raspberry ice popsicles
The combination of raspberry and mint is ideal if you want to get an artisan ice cream that, in addition to delicious, is very refreshing. In addition, this dessert, due to its natural ingredients and the effect of mint, is very digestive and appropriate after a copious lunch or dinner.
- 200 grams of sugar
- 500 grams of raspberries
- 4 fresh mint leaves
Steps to follow
- Place all the ingredients, at the same time, in the blender.
- Blend the food until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the result into the chosen molds and leave it in the freezer until it is ready (a minimum of 3 hours).
Mango and coconut are tropical fruits that have the guaranteed success in terms of the most summer homemade ice cream. With this winning mix, there will be no one to resist.
- 1 mango peeled and chopped.
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 100 grams of sugar.
Step by Step
- Dissolve the sugar in the coconut milk over low heat and let the mixture cool.
- Crush the mango until it is pureed.
- Mix the sugary coconut milk with the mango until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Proceed to pour the result into the mold and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours.
Homemade Orange and Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
In addition to its taste and its high content of vitamin C, the color of this ice cream palette will attract the curiosity of the little ones but also of the older ones. Get ready to make delicious and nutritious ice cream popsicles equally.
- The natural juice of two oranges.
- 200 g of blueberries
- 100 g of sugar or another sweetener of natural origin.
Steps to follow
- Crush the blueberries together with the sugar until you get a puree.
- Mix, little by little, with the orange juice until the result is uniform.
- Proceed to pour into the mold and freeze.
A very interesting and rich variant that you can make of this homemade sorbet is:
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar with the orange juice and fill with this half mold.
- Put in the freezer until the juice has turned to ice.
- Prepare a puree with blueberries and sugar and add a little orange juice (enough for the puree to become juice).
- Complete the mold with this mixture and freeze again.
- When you unmold it, your kids will love to see that their rich ice cream has two colors.
In addition, you can make your homemade ice cream with as many colors as you want. To do this you can combine different fruit juices and fill the mold and freeze the juice depending on the flavor and color you want to give the palette.
We arrived at one of the stars of this summer ice popsicle selection. And is that if you love chocolate, you can enjoy this sublime temptation after a few steps of the simplest.
- 200 g of dark chocolate or milk
- 100 g of sugar (200 g if you use dark chocolate).
- 200 ml of milk, cream or vanilla ice cream or yogurt.
Steps to follow
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan in the bain-marie or in the microwave for 15 or 20 seconds until it dissolves. If you are not sure what the María bathroom is, do not miss this other article of a COMO.
- Mix well with sugar.
- Pour the result into warm milk, yogurt or ice cream (previously softened) and remove everything with the help of an electric or manual whisk.
- Proceed to fill the pallet mold and leave it in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
How to make Ferrero Rocher ice popsicles
If you still want to take the chocolate palette recipe further, you just have to replace the chocolate with the same amount of Ferrero Rocher chocolates (previously crushed) and mix them with the rest of the ingredients. Without a doubt, they will become the most requested homemade ice cream pops this summer.
If you want to discover a delicious variety, don’t miss this other article on How to make Nutella ice cream.