The chicken broth is light and healthy and combined with little pasta-like fine noodles it is a perfect first course for children. Today we share homemade chicken broth recipes.
The classic chicken noodle soup is one of the first that is often offered to children, for its texture, which helps them start chewing.
Ingredients for 3 liters of chicken broth
- A medium, clean, gutted and skinned chicken
- 2 turnips
- 3 carrots
- a leek
- a potato
- 2-3 green celery sticks
- a slice of peeled pumpkin
- a bay leaf
- some black peppercorns
- a sprig of parsley.
The ideal for homemade chicken broth is to use a large casserole, where all the ingredients fit well.
- Put the whole chicken inside, clean and washed, to remove possible traces of blood.
- Cover with 4 liters of water, or enough to cover the chicken well and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables, peeled and chopped, to the pot. Do not waste the green part of the leek, nor the leaves of the celery. Garnish with the pepper, a tablespoon of salt and the parsley. If you want you can add a little fresh thyme.
- Simmer for at least an hour and a half, until a substantial broth remains. It is important to foam the surface so that the broth is clear.
- Add 150-175 g of fine noodles or other pasta and cook for a few minutes. At the time of serving, add a little of the reserved chicken meat and a few cubes of ham. Serve this delicious homemade chicken broth recipe right away .
Chicken broth recipe in the express pot
The chicken is so relieved, either as the basis for many recipes or days that a family member is sick, it is important to prepare quickly and without complications. For this, the express pot is an essential utensil, since it drastically reduces the time of food preparation, which makes life much easier in these times.
- ¼ chicken
- 1 ham bone
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 turnip
- 1/2 leek
- 3 garlic cloves
How to make chicken broth in an express pot
- Peel the carrots and the turnip and wash next to the leek. We chop everything into large pieces.
- We remove the skin from the chicken’s room and eliminate the viscera that it may have.
- In the express pot, cover the bottom with olive oil. We fry the vegetables for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken and ham bone and also stir for a minute.
- We fill about 2/3 of the pot with water, to have more broth. Remove and let everything start to cook.
- We remove with a slotted spoon the foam that usually appears on the surface that are impurities from meat and vegetables.
- When we see that no foam comes out, we salt, taking into account that the ham bone also salts, we cover the pot and when the steam begins to come out, we lower the heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- After the time we turn off the fire, remove the pot and remove the steam with the valves, once they come down and allow us to open the pot, strain the broth.
- We serve accompanied by some noodles or boiled rice.
Tips for preparing chicken broth
- This chicken broth can be enriched with other vegetables, or given more flavor with a ham bone.
- If we want it to be a light and fat-free broth, once ready it is better to let it cool in the refrigerator and remove the fat that remains on the surface, using a spoon.
- At this point we can strain it for use, passing through a fine or Chinese strainer. The chicken is reserved separately. It is best to remove the meat from the chicken and use it to add it to the soup, or for croquettes, as is traditional.
- If we are not going to spend it soon, being a large amount, we can freeze it in airtight Tupper for later use, but if we keep it cold it lasts 3-4 days.
You may also like to read- https://interesteye.co.uk/