Building your home gym should not always be expensive. If you want your own fitness room in your house but does not have all the money in the world to do so, don’t be discouraged because there are several life hacks you could do to do it a much cheaper manner.
Many Australians think that having a home gym is a luxury so they instead go to commercial gyms. However, the truth is, going to a commercial gym can be more costly due to membership fees and fuel costs from going to and from it. Additionally, they fail to realize that building a home gym can be cost-efficient provided that they do certain tips and tricks like the ones discussed below.
If you want to build your home gym at lower cost, consider doing these practical tips:
1. Find a space in your house – You don’t need to construct a new room in your house just to accommodate your fitness equipment and workout space; instead, you can convert an empty room, garage, or basement into a fitness room. What you need to do is to re-arrange the items in the room to make space for the equipment and workout space, dodging additional expenses on constructing a new room.
2. Buy used gym equipment – Instead of buying brand new home gym equipment like barbells, dumbbells, weight bench, exercise bike, elliptical trainer, and treadmill you may want to purchase used ones. You can easily find used fitness equipment in websites Locanto, Gumtree, Quicksales, TradingPost, and Craigslist. You may also want to go to garage sales and thrift shops as they may also sell used gym equipment there.
3. Go DIY – Building your home gym can done via DIY. The storage cabinet and racks for your equipment may be done by yourself, so you don’t have to hire someone to do it for you or to buy one, helping you save more money. You can watch tutorial videos online or to read DIY guides.
4. Ask your friends to help you out – You don’t need to hire a carpenter or designer to do your home gym; instead, you can ask favor from your friends and colleagues. If you have friends who are good in carpentry, interior designing, and construction, you can ask them to help you out in building your humble home gym. In exchange for their help, allow them to use your gym for free; of course, treating them for some snacks and drinks while doing the work will always be appreciated.
5. Compare prices first – When buying gym equipment like weights and weight bench and materials like plywood flooring and rubber mats, it is best that you compare prices first. Don’t go buying the items without looking for cheaper alternatives. Once you decide which brand or type you would want to buy, check for their prices at different online and physical stores to know where to get them at the most affordable price.
Home gyms are becoming more and more popular in Australia these days, and this because many are starting to realize that it is much more expensive to go to commercial gyms. They are also now aware that they don’t have to worry about going to and from the gym, spending too much time on driving, if they have a gym in their homes. However, many are still under the impression that home gym is a luxury and expensive to build. The tips provided only prove that you can build your own home gym without burning a hole in your pocket. By being a wise shopper and patron of DIY, you can save hundreds of dollars in your home gym construction. Visit http://coursehub.ie/ for more tips and ideas.